WiseUp Energy Solutions is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include names, addresses, email addresses & phone numbers, drivers’ licence and date of birth.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including interviews, correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email, via our website www.wiseupenergy.com.au from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies- delete all that aren’t applicable and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policies of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information, we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances, we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing. WiseUp Energy Solutions will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up to date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
General information about visits to our Websites is collected by our computer servers, with small files “cookies” that our Websites transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow the delivery of “cookies”). The “cookies” are used to follow the pattern of movements of users by letting us know which pages on our Websites are visited, in what order and how often and the previous website visited and also to process the items you select if you are making purchases from our Websites. The anonymous non-personal information that we collect and analyse is not personal information as described in the Privacy Act.
1 Why do we use “cookies” and other web use tracking technologies?
- When you access our Website, small files containing a unique identification (ID) number may be downloaded by your web browser and stored in the cache of your computer. The purpose of sending these files with a unique ID number is so that our Website can recognise your computer when you next visit our Website. The “cookies” that are shared with your computer can’t be used to discover any personal information such as your name, address or email address they merely identify your computer to our Websites when you visit us.
- We can also log the internet protocol address (IP address) of visitors to our Website so that we can work out the countries in which the computers are located.
- We collect information using “cookies” and other tracking technologies for the following reasons:
- to help us monitor the performance of our Website so that we can improve the operation of the Website and the services we offer;
- to provide personalised services to each user of our Website to make their navigation through our Website easier and more rewarding to the user;
- to sell advertising on the Website in order to meet some of the costs of operating the Website and improve the content on the Website; and
- when we have permission from the user, to market the services we provide by sending emails that are personalised to what we understand are the interests of the user.
- Even if you have given us permission to send you emails, you can, at any time, decide not to receive further emails and will be able to “unsubscribe” from that service.
- In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Website, deliver advertisements on and through the Website, and so on.
2 What are your choices regarding cookies?
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
P O Box 95
Ferny Hills Qld 4055
07 3162 0737